Welcome to the “Local View” feature. A simple question and answer session with Golfers on the ground who play Golf in the UAE. This time we are pleased to feature Local viewer Jamie Donovan. If you are interested in being the subject in Local View, please contact us.
1. Name? James Donovan
2. Age? 25
3. Nationality? British
4. How long have you been playing golf? 5 years
5. Handicap? 18
6. Occupation? Social Media Marketing
7. How long have you lived in the UAE? 25 years
8. What area of the UAE do you live? Al Barsha 1
UAE Golf related:
1. How many times do you play golf a month? Twice on average
2. How do you cope with the heat in summer when playing golf? Put on lots of sun cream and drink lots of water while trying to get a tee time early in the morning or late afternoon
3. Favorite golf courses in the UAE? Majilis, Fire course Emirates Golf Estates
4. Which of the 5 Golfing Emirates have you played golf in? Just played in Dubai
5. Are you part of any golfing societies in the UAE? No
6. What is your lowest score on a UAE Course? 12 at Faldo Emirates Golf Club
7. Have you ever had golf lessons in the UAE and was it a good experience? Never
8. Do you ever use a driving range or practice facilities in the UAE? Yes
9. How do you find the service at Golf clubs in the UAE? Very welcoming generally and have measured for coping with extreme summer heat
10. Are you a member of a course in the UAE, if not what would encourage you to become a member? No. Probably cheaper rates 😂
11. Do you visit any of the Golfing events in the UAE? If yes, which ones? Dubai desert classic and race to Dubai
12. What would you do to improve the UAE Golf scene? Golf buggies providing AC during summer months 😂 Generally speaking the golfing scene out here is quite good (Dubai Desert Classic, Race to Dubai etc…) its usually the weather that becomes a barrier.
Other Golf questions:
1. Who are you favorite golfers past or present and why? Tiger woods when growing up. Now, Mcilroy because we have friends who know him and he seems like a very humble, genuine person as well as having bags of talent.
2. Favorite sport apart from golf? Football/Rugby
3. What do you do to relax apart from golf? Play football, beach, travel, go out.
4. Favorite other played Golf courses in the world? Haven’t played any well-known ones apart from in Dubai
5. If you could play golf anywhere in the world where would it be? Italy.
We would like to thank Jamie for his time. If you would like to be featured, please contact us.