Welcome to the “Local View” feature. A simple question and answer session with Golfers on the ground who play Golf in the UAE. This time we are pleased to feature Local viewer Jason Murphy. If you are interested in being the subject in Local View, please contact us.
1. Name? Jason Murphy
2. Age? 22
3. Nationality? British
4. How long have you been playing golf? 9 years
5. Handicap? 20
6. Occupation? Social Media Executive
7. How long have you lived in the UAE? 18 years
8. What area of the UAE do you live? Dubai
1. How many times do you play golf a month? I try to play once a week. So, 3-4 times.
2. How do you cope with the heat in summer when playing golf? Ice Lollies and Cold towels!
3. Favorite golf courses in the UAE? Jebel Ali, Al Hamra and The Els
4. Which of the 5 Golfing Emirates have you played golf in? Dubai, RAK, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi
5. Are you part of any golfing societies in the UAE? No
6. What is your lowest score on a UAE Course? 91
7. Have you ever had golf lessons in the UAE and was it a good experience? Nope, would like to though!
8. Do you ever use a driving range or practice facilities in the UAE? Yes, but still doesn’t help my slice and 3 putts.
9. How do you find the service at Golf clubs in the UAE? Very good
10. Are you a member of a course in the UAE, if not what would encourage you to become a member? Cheaper rates…haha.
11. Do you visit any of the Golfing events in the UAE? If yes, which ones? Yes, Desert Classic and Abu Dhabi Championship.
12. What would you do to improve the UAE Golf scene? Nothing, I think it’s fantastic!
1. Who is your favorite golfer’s past or present and why? Phil Mickelson, because he’s a lefty like me 😉
2. Favorite sport apart from golf? Rugby
3. What do you do to relax apart from golf? Watch the footy #YNWA
4. Favorite other Golf courses you have played in the world? Santiburi in Koh Samui, Thailand. What a course!
5. If you could play golf anywhere in the world that you have not been, where would it be? TPC Sawgrass in the States.
We would like to thank Jason for his time. If you would like to be featured, please contact us.