Welcome to the “Local View” feature. A simple question and answer session with Golfers on the ground who play Golf in the UAE. This time we are pleased to feature Local viewer Adam Drake. If you are interested in being the subject in Local View, please contact us.
1. Name? Adam Drake
2. Age? 38
3. Nationality? British
4. How long have you been playing golf? 25 years
5. Handicap? 5
6. Occupation? Teacher
7. How long have you lived in the UAE? This is my 3rd year in UAE
8. What area of the UAE do you live? Dubai
UAE Golf related:
1. How many times do you play golf a month? 4/5
2. How do you cope with the heat in summer when playing golf? Lots of water!!
3. Favorite golf courses in the UAE? The Majlis, Yas Links, Trump Dubai and Al Zorah
4. Which of the 5 Golfing Emirates have you played golf in? Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Ajman
5. Are you part of any golfing societies in the UAE? No
6. What is your lowest score on a UAE Course? 69 at Arabian Ranches
7. Have you ever had golf lessons in the UAE and was it a good experience? No, I have never had a golf lesson.
8. Do you ever use a driving range or practice facilities in the UAE? Yes, Trump Dubai
9. How do you find the service at Golf clubs in the UAE? Excellent, it is far above any I have experienced elsewhere.
10. Are you a member of a course in the UAE, if not what would encourage you to become a member? No, if the prices were a little lower I would certainly be a member.
11. Do you visit any of the Golfing events in the UAE? If yes, which ones? Yes, I attend the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, The Dubai Desert Classic and The DP World Tour Championship every year.
12. What would you do to improve the UAE Golf scene? I would reduce the cost of weekend rounds and make competitions more accessible for non-golf club members.
Other Golf questions:
1. Who are you favorite golfers past or present and why? Seve Ballesteros as I grew up watching him and I was lucky enough to meet him when I was 5. In the modern game, it is Tiger Woods and Rory Mcilroy.
2. Favorite sport apart from golf? Football
3. What do you do to relax apart from golf? Spend time with my family and watch any sport!
4. Favorite other Golf courses you have played in the world? Doral in Florida, St. Mellion in Cornwall, UK, Saunton in North Devon, UK and Bunham and Berrow in Somerset, UK.
5. If you could play golf anywhere in the world that you have not been, where would it be? I’m interested in visiting more courses in the USA as well as visiting Turkey and Thailand to experience their courses.
We would like to thank Adam for his time. If you would like to be featured, please contact us.