The DP World Tour Championship celebrates it’s 10th anniversary this week. We thought we would have a look back at some of the attractions, developments, and milestones that have been launched in Dubai since the event launched way back in 2009. (Formerly the Dubai World Championship)
Here is our list of 10 things launched in Dubai that have opened in the last decade (In no particular order):
- Dubai Frame – The Dubai Frame attraction opened on January the 1st 2018
- Trump International Golf Club – Officially opened in February 2017
- Dubai Parks and Resorts – Legoland was the first part of the huge entertainment venue to be opened on 31st October 2016
- La Mer – The huge waterfront beach development by Meeras opened its first phase in October 2017
- Burj Khalifa – The worlds tallest building was officially opened on January the 4th 2010
- Meydan – The new Meydan Grandstand was inaugurated at the Dubai World Cup meeting on the 27th of March 2010
- Design District – The Dubai Design District (d3) was founded in 2013
- Dubai Canal – Dubai Water Canal is an artificial canal unveiled on 2 October 2013 and inaugurated on 9 November 2016
- Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Sports Complex – This wonderful sports and events venue opened in October 2010
- Dubai Zoo – The Dubai Zoo was relocated to the Al Warqa 5 area and re-opened in late 2017
I wonder what else will happen in the next 10 years!
Do you know any other projects that launched in this time? If so comment below.